Curriculum Team Job Openings
Codesters is on a mission to get coding into schools. We believe that coding is the fundamental literacy for the 21st century, and we believe that every student deserves to learn to code in school.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about education and share our vision to join our growing team. Your job will be to plan and develop engaging, accessible, and challenging coding curricula that teachers and students can use in their classrooms during the school day.
Our ideal candidate has experience working with students in a classroom, has strong interest in computer science, and is motivated by the prospect of giving all students access to coding during the school day. The job requires that you collaborate closely with the curriculum team to develop content as well as build relationships with our users to understand their needs and provide training and support.
Full-time position in Manhattan, New York, NY
All curriculum team members:
- Plan and develop content for coding instruction aligned to multiple subject-areas
- Engage in an iterative design process: user-testing, school visits, team feedback
- Create supporting material and media for classroom use
- Ensure content meets quality standards
- Edit and proofread instructional and support text
- Provide teacher support and implement professional development
- Write copy for a range of purposes: applications, grants, marketing materials, website
Specialist Roles (team-members may take on one or more of the following roles):
- Standards-Alignment & Assessment
- Align against state and national standards
- Update curriculum to reflect policy changes and newly released standards
- Design valid and reliable assessments
- Content-Area Integration (Science or Math)
- Design content-area integration with coding instruction
- Ensure that subject-area content is complete and accurate
- Ensure that curriculum is aligned to content-area standards
- English as a New Language
- Differentiate curriculum for Emerging Bilingual students
- Develop appropriate scaffolds and supports for Emerging Bilingual students
- Collaborate with instructional interpreters to implement bilingual features
- Professional Development
- Lead professional development workshops and trainings
- Plan and develop content for educator professional development courses
- Provide support to teachers participating in distance learning
- Grants and Conference Applications
- Research and Prepare conference and event applications
- Research and prepare grant proposals and RFP/RFQ requests
- Act as the primary contact in fulfilling follow-up and reporting requirements.
- Believe that every student should learn to code in school
- Experience teaching K-12 students, ideally in a classroom setting
- Experience designing effective instructional activities and materials
- Working understanding of computer programming, ideally Python
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Full-time positions with competitive salary
- Group health, dental, vision insurance
- Transit benefits
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please be sure to discuss which role(s) interest you and indicate prior related experience.